Saturday 24 August 2013

Top 11 Kits 2013/14

Still waiting for me to start with the serious stuff?

Me too, but here are my eleven favourite kits for the season (in no particular order)!
Good kits are part of the reason that football is known as 'The Beautiful Game', if more kits like these emerge, we'll have to find an even better name soon.

AS Roma (Home Kit)



LOOK AT IT.
In honour of its simplicity, all I will say is that it is very beautiful.

 Real Madrid (Away Kit)


I may not approve of their spending during the current transfer window, but this kit is something that would be impossible to hate. It's smooth, with a beautiful blue that makes it stand out. 
For you to know how wonderful I think this kit is, I think it's important that you know that blue is one of my least favourite colours.
This kit is one of the reasons that I am proud to be a Madrid fan. Even if we go another year without La Decima, at least we look fabulous.

Liverpool (Home Kit)



It's clean and simple. It has a classic look that makes me think of Liverpool's glory days. You know, the days when they had a chance of winning the league? The days when they were feared across Europe? The days before many of their current fans were actually born? 
Maybe this kit will inspire them. Their fans might be right, this could be their year (has to happen some day).

Fulham (Home Kit)


Another simple kit. It would be much better without the massive 'V' around the neck though. Even with that, it is quite beautiful. Fulham might not win any silverware this season, but at least they'll look good while fighting for their mid-table finish. As long as they keep calm and pass him the ball, that is.

Wigan Athletic (Away Kit)


Who says you need to be in a big league to have a great kit?
It's refreshing to see that while Wigan have temporarily forgotten about playing Premier League football, they haven't forgotten to look amazing. Five Stars.*


*not talking about how many good players they have, that is just my rating for the jersey.

PSV Eindhoven (Home)



If it isn't obvious already, I love simplicity...

...and I really love this jersey. I can't think of a better way to commemorate the club's 100th year. If more kits like this are in the works, I would be a fool to not wish for 100 more years.

Racing Club de Lens (Away Kit)

This is easily my favourite kit on this entire list. I can't even explain why this is so beautiful. I guess you either get it or you don't.

I don't know. I'm sort of speechless.

Kaizer Chiefs (Home Kit)


I really tried to ignore photos with those cloud things behind the kits, but I couldn't find a photo of this amazing kit without it, so I decided that I just had to use this photo instead. I spent half an hour thinking about whether or not I should "ruin" my list with one of these photos, and decided that the kit was so good that I should do it anyway.

Why would Nike think these clouds look good? They don't. SIMPLICITY IS KEY.

Anyway, Amakhosi's kit for 2013/14 is easily the best in the PSL and one of my favourite local kits ever. For this season, it's Chiefs 1 - 0 Pirates. 

Santos FC (Home Kit)

Santos have proven that colours as boring as white, black and some yellow that looks like a white that has seen too much sunlight can work well together (thanks, guys!).
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this kit is so great that the home fans don't even care that they've lost Neymar during the transfer window.

I know that if Real Madrid sold my favourite player, I might be okay if the new kit was wonderful.

Manchester City (Home)

To be champions, you've got to look and act like champions.
While Manchester City might act like champions (I have no idea why, they only won the league by luck two seasons ago), they will also look like champions this year.
I remember the season when Manchester was blue, and it was quite pleasant (to say the least). While United might have more titles, City have had much better kits in recent years (and for some people, that matters most), so at least United doesn't beat them at everything.

FC Shakhtar Donetsk (Home)



While this might be the 'busiest' kit on this list, it is too difficult for me to not love this. It's a classy striped jersey and that is something I thought I would never type.



Kits which narrowly missed out on this list:

Crystal Palace (Away Kit)



Another team which recently lost one of its star players.
When I say this narrowly missed out, I mean really narrowly. Seriously. So close that all it needs is to lose is the sponsor logo, and it would be one of my top 11. 




I know this might not be the best list on the internet, but these are the Top XI Kits for 2013/14, in my opinion. Knowing my luck, I'd find a really, really, really, lovely kit right after posting this. Either that or a hilarious (yet painful) typo. 

Have I missed a kit? Why not let me know?
Any kit which you loved? Tell me.
Have I said something you don't like about a club you love? Why not let it out? 

I can't promise that I'll care, but give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment